These days, we have seen more functions about wedding guest book than just a collection of your guests’ signatures. Actually couples are personalizing this wedding detail by transforming it into a fun and interatve DIY activity that makes it memorable for not only the couple but also the guests! Furthermore, in many cases, the guest book easily translates to a piece of decor that can be displayed in the couple’s home, serving as a daily reminder of their wedding day and those in attendance. If you’re on the hunt for something that go above and beyond the traditional book, check out these 20 awesomely creative ideas for your wedding guestbook to add a little extra character to your big day.
1. Jenga Wedding Guest Book
A simple and fun idea to engage with your guest is to have them sign individual Jenga blocks so that you can put together your own custom Jenga set. Every time you play the game, it will bring back all the memories for years to come.
2. Polaroid Guest Book
Another fun guest book alternative is provide guests with a Polaroid camerand ask them to take a photo each.Make sure the polaroid camera has plenty of film. Wedding guest can strike a pose then leave their photo on the guest book, together with their short message for the couple or hanging their photos on personalized photo display frame.
3. Signature Tree Wedding Guest Book
4. Thumb Print or Thumbnail Wedding Guest Book
We love the idea of thumbprint art as a wedding guest book alternative. This is the perfect interactive guest book idea that results in a special and beautiful piece of art that you can hang on your wall as a memento of the wonderful day. You can have your guests sign their names on their thumbprints so you can keep track of each one.
5. Wedding Guest Book Puzzle Guests can sign individual puzzle pieces that come together to create a whole. You can keep the pieces in a box to be put together whenever you want, or frame the finished product and hang it on your wall to admire every day.
6. Wedding Guest Book Wood Sign Board Another simple guest book alternative is to have your guest sign a large wooden guest book.
7. Message in a Container Wedding Guest Book
Ask your guests to write a message of well wishes or perhaps some words of wisdom for the years to come at your wedding, and place the message card, paper or even stone into a personalized container that suits your wedding style.
8. Guest Quilt
Another guest book idea is to choose a guest quilt. After it is sewn together, it reminds you of the people who come to your wedding day. Place a cardboard under the fabric to avoid the fabric marker from bleeding through.
9. Music Themed Wedding Guest Book
If you two are all about the music, old alblums or a guitar might be a perfect wedding day guest book alternative.
10. Framed Wedding Guest Book with Wooden Hearts
Ask your guests to sign these wooden hearts and then put it in the wood frame. Many different shapes are available for both the frame style and the wooden tokens. Find one that symbolizes the two of you, or DIY one that suits your wedding theme!
11. Beach and Nautical Themed Wedding Guest Book
Want some wedding guest book partcularly for beach and nautical weddings? Consider anything that may remind you of the beach and coast, like surf board, oars, stones,seashells, model sailboat and wooden anchor.
12. Champagne or Wine Bottles Many couples choose to save a bottle of their wedding wine or champagne to be drunk on a special anniversary, such as their first or tenth anniversary. So, why not have your guests sign this bottle as a guest book?
13. Signed Monogram Wedding Guest Book
If you want to keep things simple but you’re not a fan of the traditional guestbook, monogram letter guest book will be a great option. These monograms will later become beautiful and nostalgic décor for your home.
14. Map/Globe Guestbook
Write instructions on a chalk board asking guests to “Send you Across the World” by writing their names and a favorite world destination – what a fun idea! You could also ask them to leave you some “Worldly Advice!”
15. Tree Wood Wedding Guest Book
A rustic wedding needs a guest book to match the theme and nothing says rustic woodsy like tree trunk. Use large wood slice, burn, paint or carve names of Bride & Groom and the wedding date, have guests sign on the wood, later turn it into a wall of art.
16. Wishing Tree Guestbook
Place beautiful cherry blossom, manzanita, or magnolia branches in a pot. Make cards with ribbons attached and ask guests to write their well wishes or advice and hang the cards on the branches.
18. Guest Book Serving Tray
18. Other special guest book ideas