7 Tips for Planning a Small Courthouse Wedding
A courthouse wedding might not be that fairytale wedding you imaged as a little girl, but it can make for an intimate and personal one, especially when you’ve got limited budget. Here’re some tips for those brides who are going to have a courthouse wedding.
Image Credits: Photojenik Photographer via Intimate Weddings
1. Send wedding invitations to reflect your and your fiancé’s personalities. Since courtrooms are small and there’re limited guests will be allowed to attend, mail them your unique wedding invites will be sweet.
2. Consider Simple and Comfortable Dresses. Keep the dress comfortable and simple, or you can just wear a nice dress, not necessarily something white or even very wedding. It’s a courthouse wedding which is much less formal and there’s even security line.
Image Credits: Photojenik Photographer via Intimate Weddings/The Tres Chic
3. Spring corsages for all your guests. Prepare corsages for all your guests whom you’ll likely be able to count on two hands and let them feel special. Anyway, it’s a personal and intimate wedding.
Image Credits: Caroline Fontenot Photographer via Ruffled
4. Ask guests to be the photographers. Ask guests with professional-level camera and the skills to match to capture the story of the day. The photos captured during the nuptials should be about you and your groom, and the moment, and you guests know you so well. They know the exact moment.
Image Credits: Tana Photography via Style Me Pretty
5. Bridesmaids are big help. Your guests will likely be in a waiting area for a bit, so bridesmaids will be there to smile and make friendly introductions, keeping the energy high and joyous.
Image Credits: Anouschka Rokebrand Photography via Style Me Pretty
6. Get an awesome reception. Allow yourself to be properly feted with “to the happy couple!” toasts and celebratory reflection with an awesome reception, whether it’s a cocktail party or a sit-down dinner.
Image Credits: Jennifer Lindberg Weddings via Style Me Pretty
7. Send personal wedding favors. Send your unique wedding favors as a happy end of the big day and beautiful beginning of your new life together.