Useful Tips for Choosing Bridal Hair Accessories for A Perfect Wedding Look
Bridal hair accessories are an important part of the perfect wedding hair do, the finishing touch to your wedding dress and it will also draw attention to your radiant face. Bridal hair accessories range vastly in price and there are so many different styles– combs, pins, vines, chignon wraps, crowns, veils, etc… so it can be very overwhelming if you’re not sure which accessories go best with which hairstyle or dress. Therefore, we’re going over the 7 types of bridal headpieces and some tips for finding your perfect finishing touches. P.S. most bridal hair accessories bellow are from Elegant Wedding Invites which is a perfessonal wedding invitation producer.
When to choose your hair accessories?
Wedding dress is the most important aspect of the entire bridal ensemble so it’s best to choose your dress before start selecting your bridal hair accessories to make sure they coordinate. The style and silhouette of your gown, the color, and the overall look will help you find the perfect bridal hair accessories. When you are trying on your dress, take photos of all the little details that you may like to match your accessories to. Besides wedding dress, a hair trial is also a good idea to see how you want your hair styling on the day and to make sure you’re comfortable with how the headpiece will work and fit, you can ask your hair stylist about his/her suggestions about selecting your hair accessories.
Silver or gold jewellery?
The hue of the headpiece should complement the color of your gown. Gold jewellery is becoming more popular and usually goes well with champagne and gold-coloured dresses. Silver is always very popular and goes well with white and ivory dresses. If your hair accessory has metal elements, ideally match it to your jewelry.
Do I have to grow my hair long to wear hair accessories?
The answer is of course no. Many bridal hair acceories can look equally fabulous in short hair too. Brides with short hair can often feel very comfortable in something different. You could choose a flattering full circlet headpiece or beautiful vines attached with ribbons at the ends.
How about buying accessories as bridesmaid Gifts?
A perfect bridesmaid gift is something that your girls can wear/use on the day of your wedding, jewellery and hair accessories are the perfect option. You can either coordinate with your own, or choose something that will complement their dresses. Take into consideration that your bridesmaids’ may have different hair lengths/colour, so look for something that will suit and keep all bridesmaids happy!
What type of bridal hair accessories?
With so many stunning hair accessories available for brides, how do you know exactly what type of hair accessory to choose? Here is a basic rundown of your options:
1. Crown & Tiara-You can wear these alone or with a veil, headbands and tiaras can work great with any style, including hair down, half up or all up. Choose a dainty understated look for a more traditional style or a blinged out glamorous look if you’re dreaming of a fairytale wedding.
Shop This Style
|Baroque Amethyst Bridal Crown||Rose Gold Crystal Bridal Crown||Gold Branches Crystal Hair Crown|
2. Hair Combs-Hair combs vary in size and shape, and look stunning in hair that has been styled in an updo. If you are wearing a veil this could be kept on a separate comb, allowing it to be removed after the ceremony. Hair combs are by far the most popular choice among brides.
Shop This Style
|Gold Leave Pearl and Rhinestone Bridal Comb Headpiece||Rose Gold Wedding Bridal Comb Headpieces||Silver Rhinestone Flower Pearl Bridal Hair Comb|
3. Hair Flowers–With such a strong trend towards all-natural looks flowers are coming back into fashion as hair accessories. The key is to keep the hair loose and tousled. The flowers are almost all the styling you need. You can use larger blooms for a simple style and smaller ones for intricate looks, remembering to opt for flowers (if using fresh) that are seasonal. Be sure to use the same flower in your bouquet for consistency!
via Wedding Omania
4. Hair Vines–Perfect for a romantic or boho chic look, hair vines can be bent and manipulated into different shapes to accent any hairstyle. Twist a hair vine in the back of a soft braided updo, around a bridal bun, on the top of your head like a headband.
Shop This Style
|Crystal Pearl Gold Bridal Headband Tiara||Romantic Silver Rhinestone Wedding Bride Headband||Crystal Pearl bridal hair vine head chain|
5. Hair Pins/Clips-Best in an updo or half up half down hairstyle, Hair pins are more understated and can be worn towards the back of the head, which is great for brides who wear stand out jewelry. If you’d prefer something simple and subtle that will help keep your hair in place, consider this option.
Shop This Style
|Crystal Wedding Bridal Gold Leaf Hair Pins||Classic Gold Leaf Wedding Bridal Hair Clips||Pearl Crystal Wedding Bridal Hair Pins|
6.Veil with Hair Accessories-A plain veil can become spectacular when attached to a stunning tiara, headband or comb. One of the most important things to consider is where you are going to position your veil, as that will determine where you might like to place your accessories. For example, a veil worn low, beneath a bun may lend itself well to having a beautiful jewelled accessory positions above the bun.
via Wedding Chicks
7. Birdcage Bridal Veils-The birdcage veil is the signature accessory for a vintage-glam wedding. It is better to keep the length of veil within 9″, which is the perfect length to place the veil off to the side of the head and drape across your face diagonally to allow your lips to be free.”
via Pinterest/via Chic Vintage Brides
Stay True to Yourself
We saved the most important piece of advice for last and that is to stay true to yourself and work within your own style and tastes. When your partner turns around for that sneaky peek at your walking towards them, they want to see a beautiful ‘you’, not somebody else. This is your day and you should feel your most beautiful and your most authentic on this day more than any other! The bottom line is there really are no rules except for one, to do what makes you happy…period!!!